Brown & James Ranked in 2018 Best Law Firms by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®
November 1, 2017
U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® ranked Brown & James, P.C. in the 2018 "Best Law Firms" list. Brown & James was ranked nationally for its appellate practice and also locally for its work in 11 other areas, including expanded rankings in personal injury litigation defense and product liability litigation defense.
In addition to the firm’s national ranking in appellate practice and Kansas City rankings in personal injury and product liability litigation defense, the St. Louis rankings encompass the following areas:
- Appellate Practice
- Insurance Law
- Legal Malpractice Law-Defendants
- Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation-Defendants
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
Firms included in the 2018 "Best Law Firms” list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from clients and peers. Achieving a ranking signals a unique combination of quality law practice and breadth of legal expertise.
The 2018 Edition of "Best Law Firms” includes rankings in 74 national practice areas and 186 regional-based practice areas.
The U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers ranking process is based on a rigorous evaluation that includes:
- the collection of client and lawyer valuations
- peer review from leading attorneys in their field
- review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process
Clients and peers were asked to evaluate firms based on the following criteria: responsiveness, understanding of a business and its needs, cost effectiveness, integrity, and civility, as well as whether they would refer a matter to the firm and/or consider the firm a worthy competitor.