Justin Chapell Elected to MODL Board of Directors, Dave Ellington Given MODL Service Award
July 24, 2013
St. Louis principal Justin S. Chapell
has been elected to the Board of Directors for the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers. He will serve as Co-Chair on the Publications Committee and sit on the Amicus Committee.
St. Louis principal David P. Ellington
was given the MODL Service Award for retiring board members who have demonstrated outstanding service to defense lawyers through their efforts on the board. He served two terms, from 2007 until this past June.
About Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
MODL`s primary goal is to provide an avenue for defense lawyers of Missouri to communicate and organize. It is hoped that through this organization, defense lawyers will exchange information, ideas and techniques that will enhance their knowledge and improve their skills.
About Brown & James, P.C.
- To evaluate the standards of trial practice in Missouri and promote a high standard of trial conduct and courtroom demeanor.
- To work for the improvement of the civil adversary system of jurisprudence in Missouri`s courts.
- To eliminate court congestion and delays in civil litigation.
- To promote improvements in the administration of justice.
- To increase the quality and quantity of the service and contribution which the legal profession renders to the community, state and nation.
Brown & James, P.C. is a Midwest regional law firm with over 100 attorneys representing companies in litigation, appeals and insurance coverage matters. With offices in St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, Columbia, Mo., Belleville, Ill., and Little Rock, Ark., Brown & James attorneys regularly represent clients in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies throughout Missouri, Kansas, southern Illinois and northern Arkansas. Brown & James is one of the top firms in the Midwest, having been named the "Winningest Defense Firm" the past five years by the Missouri Lawyers Weekly, as well as being named to the 2010-13 Tier 1 rankings of Best Law Firms by U.S. News - Best Lawyers®.