Complaints of discrimination, harassment,
retaliatory discharge, and wage and hour violations against employers are on
the rise. Regardless of efforts to prevent such employee actions, most
employers face allegations at some point. Employers need seasoned counsel to
protect their companies from these issues with minimal impact on their
business. Our Employment Law Practice Group understands the outcome of a
particular discrimination claim can substantially affect the employer's business
and will diligently work toward a resolution quickly and efficiently.
Our attorneys have experience in all facets of
employment law. We represent employers in claims and lawsuits based on:
- Alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) violations, and Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Discrimination involving sex, race, national origin, religion, age and disability
- Wrongful termination
- Retaliatory discharge
- Breach of employment contracts, including employment covenants
- Compensation issues
- Whistleblower claims
- Workers’ Compensation retaliation
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Act claims (FMLA)
Our employment lawyers work toward achieving a
successful resolution of any claims before a lawsuit is filed or prior to trial.
If trial is necessary, their experience includes successful jury trial verdicts
against the most experienced employment plaintiffs.
of our clients are employers in the education, retail, food service and construction
industries. The Employment Law Practice Group represents employers throughout
Missouri, southern Illinois and eastern Kansas.
The Employment Law Practice Group represents
employers before federal and state agencies in charges of discrimination and
other statutory actions. They also consult with employers on:
- Governmental audits
- Termination matters
- Severance agreements
- Changes in employer policies and handbooks
- Employee training on discrimination matters
The group’s notable experience includes:
Related Practice Areas
Business & Commercial Litigation
Missouri Supreme Court Issues Three Opinions On Wrongful Discharge Claims
Illinois Supreme Court Expands Strict Liability Rule
Non-Compete Agreement Trends In Missouri And Illinois
- Represented school district in a matter involving the dismissal of a tenured teacher for allegations of sexual harassment.
- Represented healthcare company in a sexual harassment and retaliation case brought by an employee nurse practitioner.
- Represented car dealership in a complaint of retaliation after an employee filed for workers’ compensation on multiple occasions.
- Represented multiple non-profit and privately-owned companies in discrimination claims, retaliation and FMLA claims.