Brad Hansmann recognized for two top defense verdicts in Missouri in 2014
November 21, 2014 - Missouri Lawyers Weekly
cited Brad Hansmann for the two best product liability defense successes of the year for a manufacturer.
Ken Burke included in 2014 Leading Lawyers Magazine list
November 12, 2014 -
Brown & James Belleville attorney Ken Burke has been selected as a "Top Business Lawyer in Illinois."
Two new associates added to Belleville office
November 7, 2014
- Associates Kara Burke and Abbey Fritz were appointed to the Illinois office of the firm.
Brown & James ranked in 2015 Best Law Firms
November 3, 2014 -
Brown and James, P.C. has been ranked in the 2015 "Best Law Firms" list by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®, nationally for its appellate practice and also locally for its work in appellate, insurance law, medical malpractice defense, commercial litigation, construction law, legal malpractice defense, and personal injury litigation defense.
32 attorneys named 2014 Super Lawyers, Rising Stars
October 21, 2014
Sixteen attorneys from Brown & James have been selected as Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers for 2014, with another 16 attorneys named as Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars.
New associates join Brown & James
October 9, 2014
Fourteen new associates were appointed to the St. Louis and Kansas City offices of the firm.
Firm announces election of new Shareholders, promotes new Principal and Senior Associates
September 22, 2014 -
Brown & James announces the election of two principals, David P. Bub and Corey L. Kraushaar, to Shareholders in the firm, as of September 1, 2014. In addition, the firm elected Halle L. Dimar as a Principal and named four attorneys as Senior Associates.
Robert S. Rosenthal Named One of 2015's "Lawyers of the Year" by Best Lawyers; Twelve Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2015
August 18, 2014
- Principal Robert S. Rosenthal was named Best Lawyers
® 2015 St. Louis Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year." Twelve attorneys were listed in The Best Lawyers in America
Philip Willman Elected to DRI Board of Directors
November 19, 2013
- St. Louis principal Philip L. Willman was elected as Mid Region Director for the Defense Research Institute at the organization's annual meeting in Chicago.
14 Associates Join Brown & James' St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield and Belleville Offices
November 7, 2013
- Brown & James is pleased to welcome the addition of fourteen new associates to the firm.
Firm Promotes Two New Partners
October 22, 2013
- Brown & James is proud to announce that it has elected two new attorneys for partnership. Brandon B. Copeland of St. Louis and Derek H. MacKay have joined the partnership.
Peter Spataro and Morgan Murphy's Medical Records Article Featured in Keystone Mutual News
September 4, 2013 -
St. Louis principal Peter Spataro and St. Louis associate Morgan Murphy recently wrote an article featured in the Keystone Mutual Insurance Company News section entitled, "Medical Record Documentation: Do's and Don'ts."
Todd Lubben Interviewed on KMOX for St. Louis Homeless Shelter Case
July 15, 2013 -
St. Louis principal Todd Lubben
was interviewed on KMOX NewsRadio 1120 on July 8th concerning the new petition facing downtown St. Louis homeless shelter, New Life Evangelistic Center.
Morgan Murphy Featured in Missouri Bar YLS Newsletter
July 3, 2013
- Associate Morgan C. Murphy's
article on her experience second chairing was recently featured in the Missouri Bar Young Lawyers' Section Summer 2013 Newsletter.
Brown & James Donates Computers to Local School District and Non-Profit Organization
May 14, 2013
Brown & James donated more than 30 computer workstations to St. Louis BWORKS, a local non-profit organization, and to the Van-Far R-1 School District in Vandalia, Missouri
Brown & James Co-Founder, Donald L. James Passes Away at 80
May 7, 2013
- Donald L. James, the co-founder of Brown & James, P.C., one of St. Louis's largest law firms, passed away on May 3, 2013, after a long illness. Mr. James, a Senior Counselor of the Missouri Bar, practiced law in St. Louis for over fifty years. He was 80 and a resident of Clayton at the time of his death.
Brown & James Adds Two St. Louis Associates
May 1, 2013 - Brown & James announces the additions of St. Louis-based associates David M. Perron and Andrew D. Ramirez.